Saturday, May 1, 2010

Trust = Peace


And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Psalm 9:10

Trust: assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something

Trust is a word that has been swirling around in my spirit for months now, and I have been faced
with it's definition on many levels. Pastor Shelley has been preaching on his series of holding to the Lord's head, and it just seems that I keep getting more and more about trust. I have been fed and have received so much from the things he has taught and shared, and I know it has been life changing for me.

There are so many things going on around me and in my own life that I just don't understand, yet I am clinging to my Lord's head knowing he is sovereign. If I put my trust in Him then I have done all I can do. I have no power or ability to change things or people in my own self, but through Him I can be changed and in turn change the world.
We have been looking at a certain house and some land to buy for a few months now, and it seemed it was just perfect for us and had everything we wanted and more! Yet it seemed that every time we made a step forward we got pushed two steps back. We were determined to trust the Lord with it though. We made several offers on it and kept believing it would be ours. We got the news this week that a real estate agent had won the bid with a cash offer. I know that it isn't over until the Lord says it is, but I have a peace that even if this place isn't for us that my Heavenly Father has something somewhere waiting for us. It isn't always easy to think positively about it, but I concentrate on trusting Him instead of the negative feelings that I sometimes feel. He is ever faithful!

There have been very few times in my life that I have come to this place of trust. I only wish that I could stay there at all times because there would be only peace for me and no more struggle. I remember before I was married to my wonderful husband and best friend almost 10 years ago, when the Lord was testing my trust in Him. I was being pulled in so many directions and things just looked so cloudy. I so wanted to know God's perfect will for my life and if that was to include a husband, and if so who it was to be. I prayed and kept my mind and heart on the Lord waiting to know His will. He then gave me a promise to not only lead me, but to carry me! I was so grateful to my loving Jesus for being faithful, and carry me He did. So because of that, I can honestly say that my marriage to Kary has been more then blessed, it has been God ordained. Yes, there have been struggles and hard times, but no matter what we both know we are in God's plan for our lives which gives me a peace that can't be shaken.


Trust....I so want to be able to trust my Heavenly Father with EVERYTHING. It doesn't mean that I should just sit idly by and never fight for what is right or what is mine, nor is it an excuse for laziness. If you have that place of trust then you have also reached that place of peace. To trust the Lord fully is to know that whatever happens, I am in His great big capable hands. He is never taken by surprise by the things that go on in my life, and
when I give it all to him...really...then I am able to trust and then be at peace.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment